Previously, I noted that the Rail Authority will present its plans to Alhambra Unified’s School Board next Tuesday, September 14. The School Board posted its agenda today.
- From the agenda, it appears community comments are taken BEFORE the presentation. So get there early if you do intend to comment. I think that requiring comments be made before the presentation makes sense if they want fewer people to comment.
- Depending on how many comments are made, the presentation will likely happen fairly early during the board meeting, It appears to follow a number of quick procedural agenda items such as roll call and pledge of allegiance.
Here is the relevant part:
RECONVENE TO PUBLIC SESSION-6:00 PM Board Room ….
- CALL TO ORDER & PLEDGE TO FLAG
- ROLL CALL OF BOARD MEMBERS
- REPORT ON ACTION TAKEN IN CLOSED SESSION ….
- STUDENT REPRESENTATIVES
- LABOR ORGANIZATIONS
- CITIZENS REQUESTS TO ADDRESS BOARD ON ITEMS NOT LISTED ON AGENDA
- CITIZENS REQUESTS TO ADDRESS BOARD ON ITEMS ON THE AGENDA
- High Speed Rail Authority Presentation
- Mr. Jose Martinez, Regional Program Manager, California High Speed Rail Authority, will conduct a presentation on the area’s proposed high speed railway.
Bottom line: The public portion of the board meeting starts at 6pm. Get there early enough to get a seat and see the presentation.